Thursday, September 22, 2011

CHOC Walk: Save the Princes and Princesses

Ever since I can remember, CHOC (Children's Hospital of Orange County) has been a part of my families life. I have so many memories of spending even months at a time at the hospital. My brothers and sisters have all experienced months like that also. And the beautiful thing about CHOC is they not only help people recover, but they also help with the emotional care of those in the hospitals AND their families, those who have recovered, and those who God has already called to be with Him. They also don't just take care of you at the hospital, but they also are there for their patients and the families of their patients after they have left the hospital.

I have a friend named Kelly Linskey. We went to High School together. She is actually one of the first friends I ever made in high school and she is an incredible woman! She is doing the CHOC walk to help raise money for CHOC hospital. An amazing woman, even from a young age, Kelly was diagnosed with leukemia when she was five years old. After being treated for two years at CHOC, she went into remission and has been in remission for 18 years now! PRAISE GOD!

Kelly told me:
I am so thankful for the life I've had and the future that is still ahead of me and I would not be so lucky if it weren't for CHOC. I think my dad said it best when he donated, "Hopefully we are helping another Dad save his Little Princess."
So this (walk) is for all the little prince and princesses and their families who are struggling physically, emotionally, financially. And of course for Children's Hospital of Orange County, they offer a place of refuge and safety when kids are going through something that very few their age understand. CHOC offers hope and fights every day to give kids a chance for tomorrow. 
Many thanks for any contributions made.


I know CHOC hospital is very close to my heart! So please help all those who have had CHOC as a part of their lives and help all those who will need CHOC's care in the future.

The CHOC Walk in the Park is on Sunday, October 16th at Disneyland!

Please help support her at www.chocwalk.net/kellylinskey !
Any amount would be an amazing contribution! Please contribute by Oct. 15th!!!
And just like the old African proverb says, "It takes a village to raise a child." I think it also takes a village to save a child!

No comments:

Post a Comment