Tuesday, April 21, 2009

No Cut Short Film

Last week in Professor Scoggins, he asked for four volunteers to film this week. I volunteered. This week's assignment was to create a short film without using any cuts, meaning it all had to be done in one take. This ended up being a lot harder than I originally thought. My story idea was to show different stages of how a relationship should look. I took the audience through a boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged couple, early stages of a married couple, and older stage of a married couple. However, we ended up not using the older couple and sticking with the younger married couple. At the end of the short, the girlfriend and boyfriend share a moment that the married coupled had experienced back when they were dating.  Although pre-production went extremely well, when we started filming, I found myself saying "If I could only cut right here and get this shot, that would be PERFECT!" But, I did it! It only took about one and a half hours for the entire shoot! The final product is approximately 1 minute and 15 seconds. I am very excited with the way it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment